David and Gwen Stone together with their four children: Daniel (11), Anne Marie (9), James (6), and Henry (4) have joined Friendship International to answer God’s call to serve in Romania. Both David and Gwen felt called to missions in their youth and have been serving in their home town of Nampa Idaho through children’s ministry. Through God ordained circumstances, they were able to visit Romania in April of 2019. While they were there, it was evident that the Lord was calling their family to serve in Romania. They are planning to move to Romania this summer and begin language study as well as help with Friendship camp. In the fall, they are planning to move to Pătroaia-Vale an impoverished, rural community in Southern Romania. In Pătroaia, they plan to coordinate children’s ministry as well as encourage the local body of believers. Please pray for their family as they prepare to move to Romania and adjust to life there. Pray also that they will be able to learn the language quickly and that they will be a light and a blessing effectively sharing the gospel in Romania.
- School during the In BetweenSeptember is the first month of fall. It is also the beginning of school for many children and families around the world. This year is different and stressful for most families. With Covid-19, nothing seems normal anymore! Difficult decisions need to be made whether homeschooling, doing online school, or sending children to a traditional brickContinue reading “The Stones”
- Being Restored to LifeI was recently in a terrible auto accident and many of you have probably seen the many updates about it. I wanted to write a complete account of what happened and what God has been teaching me through this process. During this experience we were reading from Romans 8 and we stumbled upon this verse:Continue reading “The Stones”
- Update 2 on the Stone FamilyWe felt it necessary to give you one more important update on the developments with the Stones since the accident they were involved in almost 2 weeks ago. As you recall they were in a terrible accident with the entire family on their return home from visiting friends, family and churches in the Portland area.Continue reading “The Stones”
- UPDATE on the Stone FamilyHopefully you had a wonderful Independence Day celebration. Well, the Stones didn’t necessarily, but, praise God they are alive and recovering. We want to share with you a short report personally written by Gwen Stone from her hospital room. Hospital stay, July 2020. Because 2020 is the year that keeps on giving!! We were headedContinue reading “The Stones”
- Stones Stepping out, episode 2Bags are getting packed, furniture has been sold, our kiddos are sleeping on mattresses on the floor. The upcoming move to Romania is starting to get real! June 12-13 we had a huge garage sale and were able to sell most of our furniture including our dressers and bed frames. We are praising the Lord forContinue reading “The Stones”
- Restless for RomaniaThe Call We’ve know since April last year that God has called us to Romania. God enabled us to visit Romania just before Easter 2019. While we were there it was clearly evident that the Lord was calling us to move there as missionaries. Since then we have been praying and searching for a MissionContinue reading “The Stones”
- He is risen!We hope you had a wonderful celebration of our Lord’s resurrection! This has been a very different celebration from any other year. I’m sure you also have been affected by Covid-19. It seems that no matter where you go in the world, this virus is affecting everyone! While it is a great inconvenience for usContinue reading “The Stones”