David and Gwen Stone together with their four children: Daniel (11), Anne Marie (9), James (6), and Henry (4) have joined Friendship International to answer God’s call to serve in Romania. Both David and Gwen felt called to missions in their youth and have been serving in their home town of Nampa Idaho through children’s ministry. Through God ordained circumstances, they were able to visit Romania in April of 2019. While they were there, it was evident that the Lord was calling their family to serve in Romania. They are planning to move to Romania this summer and begin language study as well as help with Friendship camp. In the fall, they are planning to move to Pătroaia-Vale an impoverished, rural community in Southern Romania. In Pătroaia, they plan to coordinate children’s ministry as well as encourage the local body of believers. Please pray for their family as they prepare to move to Romania and adjust to life there. Pray also that they will be able to learn the language quickly and that they will be a light and a blessing effectively sharing the gospel in Romania.
- La mulți ani!Happy New Year! Everyone is hoping that 2021 will be better than 2020 was. Whatever this new year holds, we will not be disappointed if we put our hope in the Lord! In uncertain times we can put our hope and trust in Christ Jesus. He never leaves us or forsakes us. Our family wasContinue reading “La mulți ani!”
- Merry Christmas EveryoneWhat a year! 2020 has been crazy for everyone, but our family has experienced an extra layer of crazy! We were expecting to move to Romania for missions this year to answer God’s call. Several things happened to delay this move and as 2020 comes to an end, we find ourselves still in Nampa. GodContinue reading “Merry Christmas Everyone”
- Trials bring growthConsider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds
- The Lord will complete the good work He began!I had planned to share an update about our recovery and how the Lord has answered so many prayers for us. I am able to walk again without the aid of a walker or a cane! Both David and I are able to drive again! David is working part time! And we have been strongContinue reading “The Lord will complete the good work He began!”
- School during the In BetweenSeptember is the first month of fall. It is also the beginning of school for many children and families around the world. This year is different and stressful for most families. With Covid-19, nothing seems normal anymore! Difficult decisions need to be made whether homeschooling, doing online school, or sending children to a traditional brickContinue reading “School during the In Between”
- Being Restored to LifeI was recently in a terrible auto accident and many of you have probably seen the many updates about it. I wanted to write a complete account of what happened and what God has been teaching me through this process. During this experience we were reading from Romans 8 and we stumbled upon this verse:Continue reading “Being Restored to Life”
- Update 2 on the Stone FamilyWe felt it necessary to give you one more important update on the developments with the Stones since the accident they were involved in almost 2 weeks ago. As you recall they were in a terrible accident with the entire family on their return home from visiting friends, family and churches in the Portland area.Continue reading “Update 2 on the Stone Family”